# of Positions :
Minimum Education Level :
High School Diploma/GED
Experience Required :
Full Time Regular
First Shift (Day)
Hours per week:
The position is responsible for the fabrication of delicate precision optical components using established procedures and processes. Items include but are not limited to Prisms, Lenses, Windows, Mirrors etc. made form specialty glasses and crystals. Although the location of the position is in Newton, NJ, from time to time it may be required to undertake duties at other ThorLabs locations.
Essential Job Functions include the following, but are not limited to:
• Manufacturing of precision optical components by grinding, lapping and/or polishing of glass and crystal components.
• Operates precision optical manufacturing machinery; surface grinders, edging machines, ID and OD saws, core drills, conventional lapping spindles etc.
• Must be able to understand technical drawings and written work instructions to produce products to laser quality standards.
• Understands ISO9001 and MIL-PRF-13830B manufacturing standards.
• Cleaning, handling and packaging of precision optical components.
• Recognizes failures and set up problems, isolates issues, and takes appropriate action to resolve those problems.
• Completes production test reports.
• Keeps supervisor apprised of unresolved and/or potential problems that would negatively affect production schedules.
• Inspects all work before passing on to the next operations and/or to inventory.
• Complies with safety regulations and maintains clean and orderly work areas.
• Minimum 2 years of experience in a similar position preferred.
• High School diploma or equivalent
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
• Strong attention to detail
• Strong ability to work well in a group atmosphere, and comply with high quality standards.
• Strong ability to shift from one task to another to address changing production priorities.
Thorlabs values its diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create
Founded in 1989, Thorlabs seeks to accelerate the forward movement of scientific discovery and advancement! As a vertically integrated manufacturer of photonics components, instruments, and systems, our vast product portfolio includes over 20,000 items, ranging from optics and optomechanical positioning components to imaging systems, many of which are customer inspired.
Photonics is the foremost technology driving innovation in science and engineering. As the number of technological innovations has grown, Thorlabs has extended its core competencies in an effort to play an ever increasing role serving the Photonics Industry at the research end, as well as the industrial, life science, medical, and defense segments.
Headquartered in Newton, NJ, Thorlabs has grown to over 1800 employees with manufacturing and sales offices in the United States, United Kingdom, Germany, France, Sweden, Japan, China, and Brazil. As light-based technologies push into new markets, Thorlabs plans to enter early with the products and services required to ensure the ultimate success of our customers.
56 Sparta Avenue
Newton, NJ 07860
Job Posting Entered On :
Job Posting Expires On :