# of Positions :
Minimum Education Level :
High School Diploma/GED
Experience Required :
Full Time Regular
First Shift (Day)
Hours per week:
The position performs custodial work in offices, warehouses, industrial areas and other building interiors. Although the location of the position is in Newton, NJ, from time to time it may be required to undertake duties at other ThorLabs locations.
Essential Job Functions include the following, but are not limited to:
• Sweeps, vacuums, mops, scrubs, waxes and polishes floors using industrial vacuum cleaners and scrubbing and buffing machines.
• Sometimes using ladders, dusts and washes walls, cleans ceilings and dusts and polishes light fixtures. Washes and replaces blinds.
• Moves cabinets, boxes, furniture, crates and equipment to clean areas. May remove stains from such surfaces as rugs, drapes, walls, and floors using chemicals and cleaning solutions.
• May also sweep walks, rake leaves, cut grass, remove snow or perform other incidental seasonal tasks.
• Experience in manufacturing is preferred but not required.
• High school diploma or equivalent working experience.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
• Skilled in vacuuming, sweeping, mopping, scrubbing and applying finishes on different flooring materials and stairs
• Able to clean all fixtures and furniture safely
• Profound capability of maintaining janitor closets in a clean, organized and safe manner
• Demonstrated ability of maintaining janitorial equipment in a clean, safe and operable condition
• Knowledge of modern cleaning equipment and chemicals
• Adept at using chemicals in a safe manner
Thorlabs values its diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status. Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.
Founded in 1989, Thorlabs seeks to accelerate the forward movement of scientific discovery and advancement! As a vertically integrated manufacturer of photonics components, instruments, and systems, our vast product portfolio includes over 20,000 items, ranging from optics and optomechanical positioning components to imaging systems, many of which are customer inspired.
Photonics is the foremost technology driving innovation in science and engineering. As the number of technological innovations has grown, Thorlabs has extended its core competencies in an effort to play an ever increasing role serving the Photonics Industry at the research end, as well as the industrial, life science, medical, and defense segments.
Headquartered in Newton, NJ, Thorlabs has grown to over 1800 employees with manufacturing and sales offices in the United States, United Kingdom, Germany, France, Sweden, Japan, China, and Brazil. As light-based technologies push into new markets, Thorlabs plans to enter early with the products and services required to ensure the ultimate success of our customers.
56 Sparta Avenue
Newton, NJ 07860
Job Posting Entered On :
Job Posting Expires On :