Keller is the world's leading specialty geotechnical contractor. We have a need for a motivated DAQ Engineer with hands-on mechanical ability. Candidates with Electronics or Computer Science background will be considered for this role as well.
This position is based out of **Rockaway, NJ** for Keller's Specialty Services Business Unit.
This is a highly versatile, technical hands-on position. You will be responsible for installing, troubleshooting, testing various electrical and data acquisition systems. Building control panels and assembling electrical components on heavy equipment/drill rigs and pumps. Most systems will be assembled and installed on equipment at the shop facility and occasionally at various projects/jobsites. In addition, you will be offered training to troubleshoot systems by reading electrical signals via software interfacing with Keller's proprietary data acquisition hardware. Occasional tasks may involve repairing industrial equipment and troubleshooting high voltage variable frequency drives. Required job specific training will be provided for performing such tasks.
This role will also involve data analysis (interpretation and representation). Programming and drawing using certain software tools may be required.
Seeking qualified candidates having 1-3 years of experience within the electrical/electronic field. Having worked as an apprentice in the relevant field will be a huge plus. Candidates require the ability to efficiently troubleshoot instrumentation, control systems and read electrical schematics. Being able to read, interpret and analyze technical data from PLCs will be an added benefit. Candidates with a strong background in electrical and electronics with the ability and desire learn on-the-job and react quickly to changing needs and deadlines despite minimal work experience will also be considered.
- Bachelors' in Electrical, Electronics, Mechanical or Computer Science
- Familiarity with AutoCAD or other drawing tools
- Programming knowledge (preferably in LabView)
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Good communication and teamwork are a must
- Get-it-done attitude, self-motivated with problem solving skills
- Basic equipment related technical knowledge
- Should be able to work with minimal supervision
- Must be willing to travel to projects in and around Virginia, North Carolina, South Caroline, Georgia and Tennessee with short notice at times
- Some hands-on electrical and mechanical experience needed
- Any experience with sensors or instrumentation will be a plus
- Must be able to interact with individuals of various skill sets and disciplines
National Travel WILL be required (could be up to 50%).
We offer a comprehensive benefits package for this full-time position. Wages are commensurate with experience.
Keller is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage qualified women, minorities, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and others to apply.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Keller Foundations is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage qualified women, minorities, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and others to apply.
Keller North America, Inc.
Keller North America, part of the Keller Group of Companies, is a long-standing specialty foundation contractor serving the North American construction market. We are part of the largest worldwide ground engineering and construction firm, Keller Group PLC, based in London and trading on the London Stock Exchange. Keller is the largest geotechnical solutions specialist with our North American operations consisting of 4,500 employees in 70+ offices.