When you join Suburban Propane, you become a part of a fast-paced and dynamic company that has been serving its employees and customers for over 90 years. As a **Buyer**, you will be responsible for managing a supply chain to support the company's non-fuel purchasing programs. This position oversees the source selection and contract negotiation of products directly associated with the company's needs to support its operational requirements and customer base. This position is further responsible for applying principles consistent with the company's procurement policies and performance standards.
- Analyzes and negotiates price contracts and terms with suppliers and recommends suppliers with respect to cost competitiveness, delivery and value-added services for assigned geographical responsibilities
- Evaluates current and prospective suppliers to determine capabilities and 'best fit'
- Organizes and leads annual meetings with suppliers & manufacturers
- Serves as liaison and assists field operations with day-to-day support, resolution of supplier service level and/or delivery/products problems
- Coordinates, as appropriate, initiatives between/across internal departments and suppliers
- Attends supplier open houses and industry trade shows to keep current on latest products and industry developments
**Why Suburban Propane?** Suburban Propane takes pride in serving our employees and does so by offering competitive pay with incentive potential and a comprehensive benefits package including, but not limited to, medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, HSA and FSAs, paid vacation, personal and sick pay, tuition assistance, online learning opportunities and training, and a 401(k) with company match and immediate vesting.
For a full list of our benefit offerings please visit https://jobs.suburbanpropane.com/benefits/
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration (preferred) with emphasis in business law and/or supply chain management
- Minimum of 3 years of progressively responsible purchasing experience required
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to focus on details
- Proficient in Microsoft Office - Outlook, Word, Excel
**As part of our pre-employment hiring process background checks and drug screens are performed.**
Headquartered in Whippany, New Jersey, Suburban Propane Partners, L.P. (NYSE:SPH) is a nationwide marketer and distributor of a diverse array of products to meet the energy needs of our customers, specializing in heating oil and refined fuels, as well as the marketing of propane, natural gas and electricity in deregulated markets. With over 3,000 employees, Suburban Propane maintains business operations in 41 states, providing prompt, reliable service to over one million residential, commercial, industrial and agricultural customers.
All applicants for employment shall be considered without regard to race, religion, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Suburban Propane Partners, L.P., is a nationwide distributor of propane, fuel oil and related products and services, as well as a marketer of natural gas and electricity, servicing over 1 million customers through 700 plus locations across 41 states. The company proudly celebrated 90 years of innovation, growth and quality service in 2018. Suburban Propane is a NYSE listed limited partnership headquartered in Whippany, NJ. For more information about working at Suburban Propane, visit jobs.suburbanpropane.com.