# of Positions :
Minimum Education Level :
Experience Required :
Full Time Regular
First Shift (Day)
Hours per week:
Commercial Property Valuation
**Opportunity Awaits at Altus Group!**
Altus Group is currently looking for a newReal Estate Valuation Analyst to join our Morristown office in our Advisory, Altus Analytics division. This job will start remotely and will transition to a hybrid model.
In this position, you will gain knowledge and experience in the business of appraisal, appraisal review and appraisal management for all property types. This is an exciting opportunity for you to learn the basic sub-property type attributes and how location and market trends impact rent and expenses. You will also learn how to set up and manage the client workflow process; quarterly DataExchange setup, invoicing, appraiser/client call setup, engagement letter organization, and additional data requests from appraisers and clients. Finally, you will learn how to analyze an Income and Expense statement; research sale and lease comparables and apply adjustments to the subject property; read leases to understand tenant recovery structures; and build cash flows.
- Appraisal Management: Learn and handle the administrative tasks that drive the Altus/client process and ultimately the relationships; quarterly DataExchange Setup, appraiser/client call scheduling, quarterly invoicing, engagement letter organization between clients and third-party appraisers. Analysts learn the process and why we are doing what are doing at Altus. Learn to prepare a market analysis for the subject property, which includes gathering and analyzing data about the subject's market and submarket, and determining market rent based on recent leases at comparable properties and the subject's recent leasing. Analysts learn to apply judgement and gain knowledge on data gathering and learn to determine reasonable valuation assumptions such as market rent and market rent growth. This analysis is one of the key components in the subject's valuation analysis.
- Appraisal: Learn to prepare cash flow models using ARGUS DCF, DYNA, or AE. Analysts use factual data provided by Clients (rent rolls, operating statements, tenant sales, and various other financial information) on the subject property to learn the preparation of cash flow models. Learn to prepare the Sales Comparison and Cost approaches for the appraisal report, which includes researching recent sale transactions, and completing a replacement cost estimate using Marshall and Swift data.
- Appraisal Review: Learn to review third party appraisal reports as part of the valuation management process, which includes reviewing the ARGUS Enterprise cash flow model for factual and market assumptions, reviewing the appraisal reports, and comparing the valuation metrics to the benchmark data. Learn to use (of) best judgement and knowledge to determine the reasonableness of the valuation and ensure that the appraisal reports are in compliance with USPAP and State regulations.
- Training and Professional Development: Complete the On-Boarding Training as outlined by the Professional Development Flight Plan (Core Competency Training, Trainee Courses (Business Practices and Ethics & USPAP & Basic Appraisal Principles and Procedures), become ARGUS Certified; build awareness of Due Diligence for client's acquisitions.
- University or college degree in Real Estate, Finance, or related field with a minimum 3.2 GPA
- 1-2 years of experience within the CRE industry is an asset
- ARGUS certified is an asset
- Working knowledge of Excel (v-lookups, pivot tables)
- Exposure to business writing
- Can complete end to end appraisal review
- Ability to proactively communicate (i.e. when behind on deliverables or seeking assistance)
- Experience working independently or within a team environment setting in a professional or academic setting
Come realize your potential at Altus Group!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Applicants with disabilities may contact Altus Group to request and arrange for accommodations. If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or . (416) 641-9500
Altus Group U.S. Inc.
Altus Group Limited is a leading provider of independent advisory services, software, and data solutions to the global commercial real estate industry. All of our five core practices – Research, Valuation and Advisory, ARGUS Software, Property Tax Consulting, Cost Consulting and Project Management, and Geomatics – embody and reflect decades of experience, a broad range of expertise, and leading edge technology. Our offerings empower clients to analyze, gain insight and recognize value on their real estate investments. Headquartered in Canada, we have approximately 2,300 employees around the world, with operations in North America, Europe and Asia Pacific. Our clients include some of the world’s largest real estate industry participants, spread across a broad variety of sectors.
Harborside Financial Center, 34 Exchange Place, 902 Plaza 2, 9th Floor
New Jersey, NJ 07311
Job Posting Entered On :
Job Posting Expires On :