When you work at Chugach Government Solutions (CGS), you join a proud legacy of supporting missions while sustaining culture.
The federal division of Chugach Alaska Corporation, CGS has been supporting critical missions as a government contractor for over 25 years. Our focus is to support facility maintenance, IT/technical services, construction and education. We are proud to have built, and continue to foster, an incredibly talented team spanning across the globe in hundreds of different fields - each team member proud to serve our country with first-class business services, while also making a difference for our Chugach shareholders.
At CGS, empowering employees is a part of our core, and that focus is one of the ways we build and foster high-performing teams. We empower our employees through competitive compensation and benefits package, professional growth opportunities, truthful communication, and more!
If you are looking for an opportunity to serve something bigger than yourself; if you want your day job to be one that creates meaningful value; if you are looking for an environment that highly values employees and respects individual differences - then Chugach Government Solutions may be the right fit for you!
The Facilities Manager is responsible for the supervision of the craft shops and other functional areas for the project. Provides technical leadership and direction to these groups for the maintenance and repair of buildings, roads and grounds. Possess the ability to reallocate resources to respond to duly approved emergency/urgent requirements. Ensures staff are properly trained and follow standard operating procedures and work instructions.
Essential Duties & Job Functions:
* Provides overall supervision of craft shops.
* Technical advisor to the Public Works Manager for all matters relating to assigned functional areas.
* Collects data, prepares and submits periodic reports, and prepares and submits work schedules for all assigned work areas.
* Assists with the direction of all snow removal activities.
* Reviews shop work orders for completeness, proper method, quality of accomplishment, and availability of materials both before and after work.
* Establishes work standards and priorities.
* Inspects work to ensure compliance with plans, specifications, policies, regulations and standards.
* Manages assigned space, tools, test equipment, and materiel for functional areas.
* Generates and implements methods and procedures to accomplish assigned tasks.
* Ensures that subordinate employees time records reflect an accurate record of hours worked and job order numbers to which time is charged.
* Makes recommendations to the Public Works Manager for long-range planning.
* Receives and coordinates all emergency responses after normal operating hours.
* Maintains and operates company vehicles and/or tools and equipment in compliance with company policy.
* Supports the project Safety Plan though personal involvement in all aspects of Safety, including training, safety protective equipment and clothing, and adhering to safety requirements pertaining to particular trades or skills.
* Others duties as assigned.
* U.S. Citizen.
* Possesses and maintains a valid drivers license and acceptable driving record.
* High School diploma or equivalent.
* Five (5) or more years' public works experience in operations and maintenance services.
* Four (4) or more years' trade leadership experience.
* Excellent organizational, communication and customer skills.
* Proficient in MS Office applications such as Word, Excel, Project, Outlook and PowerPoint.
* General knowledge of all maintenance and construction trades.
* Ability to read blueprints and drawings and transpose data to material requirements and facility construction.
* Ability to deal professionally and courteously with a variety of people in diversified situations.
* Must be able to pass drug screen and background check.
CGS will provide reasonable accommodations, according to applicable state and federal laws, to all qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities.
Chugach Government Solution sis an Alaska Native Regional Corporation that is globally recognized as a premier provider of base operations and facilities maintenance services.