This position supports a major confections manufacturer based in Parsippany, NJ and will be partially on-site at a time TBD in 2022. You will provide insights and actionable recommendations to key business leaders to inform their decisions. This role is a blend of data mining and analysis within IRI solutions, and active client interaction to understand the business and present recommendations. This position is a chance to work with a growing business and within an experienced IRI team.
What will I do as a Client Insights Consultant?
As innovators in Big Data starting with POS, IRI is looking for passionate client advocates with strong analytic skills to advance solutions that best build the client's strategic vision. Collaborate with our clients and internal teams to maximize and apply insights gleaned from IRI data including store data analysis, household purchase behavior analysis, surveys, audits, data modeling, in-market testing, and other custom projects. Advocate for your client and create/close new opportunities with them. Do you measure your success by identifying opportunities to expand or extend projects? Can you build rapport to provide exceptional service and insights in a fast-paced environment? Can you meet and exceed revenue targets? Then this position is for you. Salary is negotiable and commensurate with experience.
What are the responsibilities of a Client Insights Consultant?
To be successful as a Client Insights Consultant you must possess and be able to execute upon four key skill sets:
Advanced Analytic Skills: Demonstrate ability to analyze and interpret data and translate it into meaningful solutions for clients:
- Approach client with coherent, actionable and fact-based data/recommendations appropriate to their business needs
- Continually provide analytical solutions and business insights to address any business gaps and/or opportunities and create value for the client
- Identify business issues and opportunities and suggests the appropriate level analytic solution/approach
Consultative Selling: Apply knowledge of the business, industry and domain to identify, create and close business opportunities:
- Target and sell services that address unexpressed and underlying client needs; ask questions so as to identify the root causes of issues versus symptoms
- Ask questions to test assumptions and challenges the status quo
- Synthesize information on a variety of issues; translate the information into a project framework that ultimately provides solutions for clients
Impactful Presence: Demonstrate strong interpersonal communication and presentation skills; present a professional image:
- Become trusted by client, IRI client solutions teams, IRI cross functional organizations, IRI business partners and considered a domain expert and
- Educate the client on analytic methods, shape their thinking and influence the decisions they make
- Demonstrate a flexible approach to communication; adapt messages quickly to the appropriate level or function with poise and polish
- C-level presence
Client Focus: Consistently act with client satisfaction in mind and follow through on commitments to ensure the needs of the client are met:
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of customer needs and requirements
- Help customers identify solutions to problems they did not know they had
- Regularly and proactively communicate with the client-facing teams, including soliciting feedback to continually improving the relationship
-Track and organize multiple work streams against multiple clients, and manage time and resources against changing priorities
What are the qualifications for Client Insights Consultant?
- 6+ progressive years of experience in marketing and sales with a premier Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) or marketing analytics company
- Demonstrated expertise in translating data and analysis into relevant implications
- Ability to build a rapid rapport across functions
- Experience with IRI or other syndicated data solutions
- Proven ability to consult with clients to influence thinking
- Bachelor's degree required; advanced degree a plus
As one of the original innovators in Big Data, IRI integrates the world's largest set of otherwise disconnected purchase, media, social, causal and loyalty data to help CPG, retail, over-the-counter health care and media companies grow their businesses. We combine this data with predictive analytics to uncover new consumer insights and integrate them on the most technologically-advanced, cloud-based visualization platform. Learn more here and on .
We offer a comprehensive benefit package (health, paid time off, 401(k), etc.) with additional unconventional offerings such as volunteer time off, flexible work arrangements, virtual doctor access, etc., along with the unrivaled benefit of working with our people - the best in the business.
We're thrilled we get to work on the most interesting business challenges facing the CPG and retail industries. We regularly uncover new "aha moments!" by closely collaborating with our colleagues and developing competencies centered around the following values: Collaboration, Personal development, Executional excellence, Client growth, Innovation and creativity.
IRI is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. IRI is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. IRI is committed to complying with applicable privacy laws in the countries where we conduct business. Please see our
IRI is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. IRI is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to Talent.Acquisition@iriworldwide.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
In today’s hypercompetitive environment, CPG, retail and healthcare companies must continuously invest in innovation to navigate the shifting sands of changing shopper attitudes. SymphonyIRI Group, Inc. provides the information, analytics, business intelligence, consulting services and expertise these companies leverage to embed innovation throughout their organizations. These capabilities empower transformative change across sales, marketing, merchandising, category and brand management, and shopper marketing that result in accelerated performance and growth. SymphonyIRI’s capabilities are supported by revolutionary technology platforms, the integration of unrivaled empirical information on markets, consumers and shoppers from virtually any source, and teams of experts highly experienced in implementing these solutions.
More than 95 percent of Fortune 100 CPG and retail companies turn to SymphonyIRI Group to accelerate innovation and growth within their organizations.