Franchise Legal Partner (Director) Neuroscience
- The number of dedicated and inspired Legal professionals who are empowered to ask new questions and make bold decisions to bring lifesaving medicines, treatments, and access to patients. Come join our curious and unbossed team and make an impact on patient's lives every day.
In this role, you will provide counsel to management and key decision makers by staying abreast of latest development in areas of expertise that have an impact on current and long-term profitability of the company.
- Legal Counsel/Leadership - Act as counsel for clients on broad range of legal matters. Proactively manage issues via coordination with Legal Centers of Excellence, Legal Management and Novartis functions.
- Commercial Contracts - Provide counsel and risk management advice on complex commercial contracts, counsel on contracts with suppliers, vendors, managed care customers and specialty pharmacies, plus corporate transactions (e.g. licensing, co-promotions).
- Regulatory/Promotional Materials Review - Partner with commercial, regulatory, and medical associates and ensure timely review of promotional materials. Contribute actively to review team by evaluating risk and providing counsel. Ensure alignment with legal associates who support the brand to ensure consistency.
- Risk Management/Compliance - Partner with Ethics and Compliance to proactively identify and mitigate compliance risk. Ensure compliance with all government regulations and mandates.
- Innovation - Drive innovation and inform new strategies supporting business and contracting goals. Make judgment calls during times of ambiguity and usher the team through new territory. Pursue calculated risk-taking in an unpredictable environment with appropriate contingency planning and continually challenge status quo.
- Functional Leadership - Contribute to Legal Function though participating in initiatives to build dept. knowledge and proficiencies; share the best methods. Partner with colleagues to contribute expertise.
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
What you'll bring:
- Juris Doctor degree is required
- Need 5+ years' experience in a legal counseling role from the pharma/biotech industry or from a major law firm, as per description
- Demonstrate business acuity with an understanding of the pharma business and the related legal issues
- Showcase deep knowledge of legal issues affecting the healthcare industry, including regulatory, commercial, privacy, and digital/social media
- Display excellent business communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills. Showcase negotiation and conflict management skills
- Have solid project management expertise. Have strong analytical and organizational skills. Adept to manage and influence across a cross-functional matrix organization
- Be able to manage a high volume of work in fast paced environment
769 million lives were touched by Novartis medicines in 2020, and while we're proud of this, we know there is so much more we could do to help improve and extend people's lives.
We believe new insights, perspectives and ground-breaking solutions can be found at the intersection of medical science and digital innovation. That a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment inspires new ways of working.
We believe our potential can thrive and grow in an unbossed culture underpinned by integrity, curiosity, and flexibility. And we can reinvent what's possible, when we collaborate with courage to tackle the world's toughest medical challenges aggressively and ambitiously. Because the greatest risk in life, is the risk of never trying!
Imagine what you could do here at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusion workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Novartis is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Join our Novartis Network:
If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
East Hanover, NJ
Legal & Intellectual Property & Compliance
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Novartis Group Companies
Our mission is to care and cure. We want to discover, develop and successfully market innovative products to prevent and cure diseases, to ease suffering and to enhance the quality of life.
Novartis has five business segments and is supported by our global research organization, the Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research (NIBR). These segments are strategically aligned to bring innovative, high-quality and affordable medicines and therapies to patients around the world.
We strive to provide our associates with the safest possible workplace and to promote their health and well-being. We are an integral part of the communities that host our operations. We pay living wages worldwide, contributing to the stability and prosperity of these communities.
At Novartis, we often achieve success through close collaboration with partners who share a common vision and complementary strengths.