Local Client Manager
Last application date: 19/11/2021
At Maersk we are on a unique and transformative journey. A journey that will require the absolute best in class 3PL / Supply Chain talent; high impact, proven sales professionals that can win and grow business in the ever-changing transportation landscape across all Supply Chain products.
As a Local Client Manager, you will manage and devel
op the relationship with the local entity of a global contractual customer in line with Maersk/global strategy. Supported by a team of specialists, including project managers with extensive experience and a sales team dedicated to customer success within one of our strategic verticals.
We are seeking energetic, customer facing professionals who enjoy complex logistics challenges. The candidate should have a proven track record of building Customer Relationships and delivering results. A strategic mindset with the ability to identify business opportunities and win new and additional business.
We offer you an exciting global career at the forefront of world trade.
Working with the best people in a global team culture with future growth opportunities in an industry that has a significant impact on the world economy.
We're proud of our people who define our company's industry leadership, global team culture and customer-centric focus every day.
When you join our team you join a truly diverse, global organization in a fast-moving, values-based, work environment where you can grow on the job, create and shape our digital solutions, tap into industry-leading talent development initiatives, enjoy working with your colleagues and broaden your world view through our international job postings. We offer competitive compensation and benefits for full-time employees including health, dental and vision insurance, a 401k savings plan with an employer match and paid time-off - and our parental leave policy is recognized world-wide as one of the best in the industry.
Every company, every country wants access to a competitive shipping, logistics and port system - and our people have created one company that offers one, easy-to-use solution to all their shipping needs.
Maersk is unique
Maersk is uniquely positioned to play a significant role in global trade, creating opportunities that help countries, companies and people succeed. Our vision is simple: Maersk is the global integrator of container logistics, connecting and simplifying our customers' global supply chains. We do this through the global scale of Maersk, the world's largest shipping line; our Logistics and Services expertise that help customers manage their global supply chains; and through our port operator, APM Terminals, one of the largest container terminal operators in the world with the most strategic locations to serve global supply chains.
At Maersk we value the diversity of our talent and will always strive to recruit the best person for the job - we value diversity in all its forms, including but not limited to: gender, age, nationality, race, sexual orientation, disability or religious beliefs. We are proud of our diversity and see it as a genuine source of strength for building high performing teams.
Join us and play an important role on our team lifting global trade every day!
Your main activities and responsibilities will include:
- The pursuit of new and additional customers as assigned in the vertical
- Pro-actively search, qualify, develop and engage into new strategic multi-level relationships
- Identify customer needs, opportunities and key buying factors for pursuits, and formalize those into account plans and strategies in Sales Force.com
- You will be responsible for creating and managing pursuit plans and teams
- You will develop local business plan for increasing overall supply chain share of wallet
- Build and Execute winning account strategies and proposals
-You will define the local value proposition and work closely with local product organization to grow and deliver revenue growth
- Support the overall customer experience and support global value proposition You will upsell and cross-sell new products
- Represent Maersk in relevant industry, vertical and marketing events
- Perform regular customer calls and exchange as well as regular physical customer visits depending on customer needs
- Identify and share customer strategies with relevant internal stakeholders to ensure product development is aligned to changing customer needs
We are looking for
We are looking for someone with -
- Excellent stakeholder management
- Logistics expertise - including industry insights
- Self-motivated and performance driven
- Consultative selling is preferred
- Thorough product understanding and ability to use variety of products to solve customer challenges.
- Strong negotiation skills
- Outstanding verbal and written presentation skills
- Curious and pro-active person
- Thoroughly understands customer drivers, needs and requirements
- Has good knowledge about market, competitor and industry trends
- Self-starting and entrepreneurial attitude; Drive things as if they were your own business
- Strong and current knowledge of technology platforms, MS Office products, and ability to quickly adapt to new software
Last application date: 19/11/2021
This position generally requires availability for a 40 hour work week during standard business hours. The position also requires availability for nights, weekends, and holidays, based on customer and/or business needs, to include adjustments for global time zone differences.
You must be authorized to work for any employer in the US. Local candidates only; no relocation or sponsorship assistance is provided.
A.P. Moller - Maersk is an integrated container logistics company working to connect and simplify its customer's supply chains. As the global leader in shipping services, the company operates in 130 countries and employs roughly 70,000 people. With simple end-to-end offering of products and digital services, seamless customer engagement and a superior end-to-end delivery network, Maersk enables its customers to trade and grow by transporting goods anywhere - all over the world. For more information: https://www.maersk.com All the way.
For further information, please contact: James.McKelvey@maersk.com
Internal contact: James.McKelvey@maersk.com
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Maersk Line, the global containerized division of the Maersk Group, is dedicated to delivering the highest level of customer-focused and reliable ocean transportation services. Our vision, built from a strong heritage of uprightness, constant care, and innovation, has guided our business operations since the first Maersk Line vessel sailed in 1904. By remaining committed to that vision we have expanded our business to become the world’s largest ocean carrier. And we are consistently recognized as the most reliable container shipping company.