***Industrial Painter/Finisher - Experienced***
Whippany Actuation Systems is a dynamic aerospace company that designs and manufactures electromechanical actuators and control electronics for commercial and military applications. Recognized as experts in our industry for over 70 years, we are a fully integrated manufacturing company which takes responsibility for the success of our business and acts quickly to implement new ideas and projects to ensure company growth.
We are currently looking for an experienced Painter who can work in a fast-paced production environment and is searching for an opportunity to work with a growing company. Working in our Finishing Department, you will prepare surfaces, paint and label a variety of electro-mechanical units and parts.
***In this role, you will typically:***
- Prepare surfaces of units and parts in preparation for spray painting in accordance with specifications/work orders.
- Select and mix paint material and apply paint with required equipment and technique.
- Apply sealer to sub-assemblies and paint and finish parts and finished units
- Use hand tools, tie wire units as per drawings, work orders, MIL-Specs or other work instructions.
- Adhere to medical surveillance monitoring requirements and follow Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) procedures.
- Clean and maintain paint equipment.
- Prepare and maintain required documentation.
- Transport parts and units throughout department including work bench, paint booths, ovens and drying booth.
- Select and make appropriate label and affix to parts.*** ***
- Five (5) years precision spray painting experience;
- Proficiency reading and interpreting blue prints;
- Basic Computer Skills;
- Ability to wash, prime, tie wire, seal, mask and paint.
- You to be authorized to work in the US
***We would really like to see:***
- Spray painting experience in Aerospace, Automotive or Furniture manufacturing industry
- Prior finishing experience (sealing, masking, tie wiring) which includes creating and generating labels with a laser labeler
- Experience working to Military Specifications
- Attention to detail. Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well.
- Self-starter inspired to perform without outside help
- Team player who works well as a member of a group
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25 lbs.
- Ability to transport items throughout the work center and facility
- Requires using hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools or controls
- Requires ability to pass respirator fit test
- Includes exposure to sounds and noise levels that are distracting or uncomfortable
- Requires repetitive movement
- Requires wearing common protective or safety equipment
- Requires working indoors in environmentally controlled conditions
- Requires ability to stand for long periods of time
For more information and to apply, please visit our website @
Whippany Actuation Systems is an EqualOpportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteranstatus or other characteristics protected by law.
Individuals who have a disability and would like to request an accommodation with regard to the application and selection process (i.e. the online application or interviews) or have questions regarding our website accessibility, may call 973-560-6662.
For over 70 years, Whippany Actuation Systems has proudly served the aerospace and defense industries by designing, manufacturing, and servicing custom actuation solutions for commercial and military applications. We are dedicated to finding innovative solutions to complex engineering challenges and partnering with major aerospace and defense companies to develop products marked by quality, reliability and performance.
Major aerospace and defense companies depend on us to find customized solutions to complex engineering needs. On every project, it's the people of Whippany Actuation Systems that make all the difference. Their knowledge and experience ensure that we deliver precision and reliability to meet the most stringent requirements.
When there is a challenge to be met, Whippany makes it happen.
To learn more about Whippany Actuation Systems, please visit our website @ www.whipactsys.com
To view all current job opportunities, please visit www.whipactsys.com/careers