Professional Assistant (MOB)
Last application date: 31/12/2021
APM Terminals operates one of the world's most comprehensive port and integrated inland service networks. We're uniquely positioned to help both shipping line and landside customers grow their business and achieve better supply chain efficiency, flexibility and dependability.
APM Terminals offers tremendous growth, career and leadership opportunities for those with the ambition, drive and dedication to become one of the best. If you see yourself being part of a team that helps the global economy grow through our worldwide network of customers and terminals, then we want to hear from you!
- Perform general duties, including copying, filing, preparing, and distributing (internal & external) correspondence / e-mails, memos, letters, periodic computer file backups.
- Manage calendars and schedule appointments, organize meeting arrangements.
- Organize travel arrangements for managers - prepare itinerary, arrange supplies & compile expense reports
- Prepare direct manager's expense reports and monthly reimbursements; reconcile corporate credit card account(s), code & process invoices for payments using PR/PO process.
- Prepare agendas, notices, minutes, and resolutions for corporate meetings.
- Support meetings and special presentations - Prepare Power Point presentations and organize details of meetings.
- Research information, prepare and distribute as required - presentations, reports, graphs, charts, spreadsheets (e.g.: - reports on special service anniversaries & birthdays)
- Handle phones and messages for managers, screen incoming calls and correspondence and respond independently when possible, arrange "call-backs", route calls elsewhere as needed
- Provide administrative support to assigned functions as needed, maintain/update organization charts & directories.
- Recordkeeping and File Maintenance - Keep track of vacations and attendance. File vessel and other Marine files with a system that enables quick retrieval in future years. Responsible for control and retention of records.
- Order and maintain adequate inventory of office equipment and supplies, manage purchase requisitions, payment requests and other related forms and documents as required.
- Organize programs, events, meetings, or conferences by arranging facilities and caterers, issuing information or invitations, coordinating speakers and controlling event budget
- Corporate Citizenship - Coordinate Community Service projects and enlist participation from Terminal colleagues.
- Participate in administrative staff meetings, other meetings and seminars as required.
We are looking for
Based in Mobile, Alabama, the Professional Assistant will report directly to the Terminal MD and will perform advanced, diversified and confidential administrative support for key members of the senior leadership team. The ideal candidate will be the first point of contact on management phone calls and external visitors, have the ability to multi-task, manage calendars, coordinate meetings and travel itineraries. Preferred previous experience supporting senior level managers and customer service background.
Last application date: 31/12/2021
Is a career with APM Terminals right for you? Learn more or watch the APM Terminals career videos at: www.apmterminals.com/careers
APM Terminals is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/V/D).
FMLA Rights: http://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/fmlaen.pdf
At APM Terminals, we are a team of over 20,000 employees spread across more than 60 countries united by a passion to provide our expertise in port operations and container management services. By providing the expertise and port infrastructure essential to world trade, we actively support the advancement of the societies around us, enabling local economies to unlock their potential and build an even stronger global community. Working with a team of talented professionals you will get a chance to experience different cultures and make friends all over the world. You'll find a culturally diverse, stimulating environment at any of our offices, terminals or depots. When you join APM Terminals, the world is your workplace. APM Terminals is an independent business unit within the Danish Maersk Group - a Global Fortune 500 company with about 89,000 employees and offices in 130 countries with global growth opportunities in a range of fields from shipping and energy to our offshore and manufacturing industries - Join us to achieve even your most ambitious career goals!
For further information, please contact:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Maersk Line, the global containerized division of the Maersk Group, is dedicated to delivering the highest level of customer-focused and reliable ocean transportation services. Our vision, built from a strong heritage of uprightness, constant care, and innovation, has guided our business operations since the first Maersk Line vessel sailed in 1904. By remaining committed to that vision we have expanded our business to become the world’s largest ocean carrier. And we are consistently recognized as the most reliable container shipping company.