GPI offers excellent benefits, including a 401(k) plan, ESOP, medical/dental/vision plans, and vacation/sick/personal time, and more. GPI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
GPI is seeking an experienced Survey Crew Chief to participate in survey projects throughout New Jersey on both a two-person or a one-person robotic field crew. The successful candidate will be an individual with the vision and drive to apply state-of-the-art technologies and methodologies to a wide range of land surveying and geospatial projects. The technician will collect field measurements and data and provide stake-out at the direction of the Survey Project Manager or office technician. Also responsible for collecting all required field data for the preparation of a variety of surveying projects for both public and private clients utilizing robotic total stations, GNSS/GPS and HD laser scanning. On larger projects, the position will also include some supervisory responsibilities.
Do you value a company that puts employee satisfaction and diversity at the forefront of who they are? If so, GPI wants you!
GPI is a multi-discipline engineering firm providing planning, design, and construction services for transportation infrastructure and building system projects throughout the United States for over 50 years. Ranked in the Top 100 Firms by Engineering News Record, GPI is a forward-thinking, innovative firm with a culture that is committed to excellence and fosters staff empowerment. For more information visit: www.gpinet.com
- Prepare field notes, photographs and sketches
- Collect boundary and topographic field measurements and assist in downloading and processing conventional and GPS field data
- Recover and measure real property evidence
- Gather field survey data through the use of both conventional Total Station with data collectors and Global Navigational Satellite System (GNSS) methodologies
- Exhibit professional interaction with client representatives, landowners, and/or the public
- Read and prepare plans, at a high level, relating to the job at hand
- Responsible for ensuring the truck is properly equipped and contains all necessary supplies
- Perform substantial maintenance on assigned company tools, vehicles, and equipment as required
- Read maps and navigate with electronic navigation equipment to promote accuracy and efficiency in the field
- Record measurements and descriptive data in field book using notes, drawings, and sketches
- High school diploma or GED certification preferred, Associates Degree in land surveying or equivalent is a plus
- Minimum 2 years of experience as a survey field party chief.
- Project experience with public utilities, energy services, and transportation is preferred.
- Experience running robotic total stations and GNSS/GPS required, and operation of laser scanners a plus
- Certification as an LSIT is a plus
- Must be willing to travel to various project sites throughout NJ and adjoining states
- Must pass a pre-employment drug test and will be subject to random drug & alcohol testing
- Maintain a valid driver's license with a clean motor vehicle report (MVR) for final consideration
- Read, write, and understand plans and directions given in the English language
- Basic computer skills with the ability to create and edit Microsoft Word and Excel documents, create Outlook emails, and utilize SharePoint and Microsoft Teams to communicate with other team members
- Able to stand for approximately 3 hours minimum a day up to 8 hours
- Able to traverse a construction job site consisting of uneven ground varying in height and consistency of material, with a variation of elevation 19\" or less (mud, gravel, rutted ground, etc.)
- Able to wear GPI required PPE, i.e., hard hats, safety vest, work boots, and/or safety glasses/goggles while working
- Able to move equipment or inspection specimens weighing up to 50 pounds