Mercer has an exciting opportunity available for an experienced Senior Health & Benefits (H&B) Consultant in our Morristown, NJ office.
**What can you expect?**
The Senior Health Consultant will lead consulting engagements with 200-5,000 life employers regarding their medical, dental, life and disability benefit plans and programs and negotiate with benefits carriers and vendors to secure health and welfare plan coverage for these employers. Level of support provided depends on size of client as well as complexity and revenue of the account - at this level the senior consultant is the client lead and is often the Mercer relationship manager.
**What is in it for you?**
- We are the global leader in health and benefits. We deliver innovative solutions that address the health and wellness needs of our clients and their employees.
- Work for a global company that embraces cultural diversity.
- Excellent growth/advancement opportunity.
- Help support diverse populations through the development of meaningful programs.
**We will count on you to:**
- Lead complex client engagements, including managing overall service delivery, strategy, financial evaluations, plan design, renewal, business placement, benchmarking and other studies.
- Develop sophisticated benefits design and renewal strategies and drives the development of tools and solutions to address complex client issues
- Determine the full scope of services provided to the client and sets roles/responsibilities within the client team
- Effectively communicate Mercer's position on latest industry trends to clients
- Be accountable for revenue/profitability for client accounts and projects.
- Monitor success of projects in terms of scope, budget, timeliness and client satisfaction
- Generate sales by expanding revenues from existing clients and by leading prospecting efforts with new clients.
- Set strategic direction and creates demand for new products/services in the marketplace
- Lead and participate in new business opportunities with sales channel partners
- Lead team effectively to provide developmental opportunities to team members. Provides mentoring and coaching to direct reports and project team members.
**What you need to have:**
- BA/BS degree
- At least 10 years' experience in identifying, designing, recommending and implementing efficient, innovative business solutions to clients' complex health care benefits challenges
- Renowned expertise and industry reputation in the health & benefits field
**What makes you stand out?**
- Strong, innovative sales and marketing skills plus the ability to market organizational strengths successfully
- Superior analytical and mathematical skills, strategic planning, communication, and listening skills
- Proven management skills in leading large, complex projects
Mercer believes in building brighter futures by redefining the world of work, reshaping retirement and investment outcomes, and unlocking real health and well-being. Mercer's more than 25,000 employees are based in 44 countries and the firm operates in over 130 countries. Mercer is a business of Marsh & McLennan (NYSE: MMC), the world's leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people, with 76,000 colleagues and annual revenue of $17 billion. Through its market-leading businesses including Marsh, Guy Carpenter and Oliver Wyman, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment. For more information, visit https://www.me.mercer.com/. Follow Mercer on Twitter @Mercer.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Marsh McLennan and its Affiliates are EOEMinority/Female/Disability/Vet/SexualOrientation/Gender Identity employers.
Marsh & McLennan Companies is a professional services firm that helps complex organizations manage risks and make the most of their opportunities, their capital, and their people.