Fiduciary Services Analyst- Wealth Preservation
Porzio, Bromberg & Newman, P.C., a full service law firm located at 100 Southgate Parkway, Morristown, NJ, seeks a Full-time, Non-Exempt Fiduciary Services Analyst to join its Wealth Preservation team. Fiduciary Services Analysts are responsible for managing complex matters and/or complex projects and work under the direct supervision of an attorney. Fiduciary Services Analyst are expected to perform at a high level of productivity, effectiveness and competence.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• Prepare and file initial applications for government benefits including Medicaid applications and intake applications with the New Jersey Division of Developmental Disabilities;
• Prepare and file redetermination applications for government benefits;
• Analyze bank and other financial statements to track financial transactions between several different investment vehicles;
• Prepare and conduct necessary financial audits for government benefits applications;
• Prepare and file informal special needs trust accountings;
• Calculate trustee and guardianship commissions;
• Manage the government benefits application process (including calendaring and coordination of document collection process with clients);
• Communicate with clients, financial advisors, and insurance companies via mail, email, and telephone to gather information necessary to complete an application;
• Gather and organize necessary documents (i.e. financial records, vital statistics, etc.) to file a completed government benefits application;
• Meet with clients on an as needed basis to collect and gather information;
• Proactively anticipate and resolve issues quickly to move an application forward;
• Prepare estate planning documents, including last wills and testament, powers of attorney, living wills and trusts under attorney supervision;
• Assist to fund trusts and retitle assets;
• Conduct title searches prior to deed transfers; and
• Prepare deeds and associated documents.
• Demonstrated ability to consistently provide premium client service in a cost-effective manner.
• Demonstrated ability to draft client-related documentation specific to assigned practice area, including but not limited to, correspondence, factual research memoranda, and budgets. Ability to draft pleadings, closing papers, discovery and motions is a plus.
• Demonstrated proficiency in performing factual investigation and research.
• Demonstrated ability to understand, interpret and apply court rules is a plus.
• Ability to meet with or interview clients and experts.
• Proficiency in project management, including estimating time needed to complete projects.
• Ability to adhere to general office policies and procedures.
• Assist in training, orientation and mentoring of Paralegals and other support personnel.
• Provide or supervise general clerical support, including filing and indexing.
• Proficiency in time keeping best practices.
• Proficiency in using firm equipment.
• Proficiency on all applicable firm computer programs.
• Perform other work-related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor's Degree required
• Paralegal Certificate from an ABA-accredited program, preferred
• Project management experience or training preferred.
• A minimum of two (2) years of relevant experience
• Ability to work independently
• Demonstrated mastery of practice area skills, professional skills, and knowledge of internal operations sufficient to handle routine matters within individual area of authority using discretion and initiative.
• Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office Applications including Word, Outlook, and Excel.
• Knowledge of the NJ Division of Medical Assistance and Health Services, NJ Division of Developmental Disabilities is a plus.
• Some knowledge of federal income taxes as they pertain to liquidation of investments is a plus.
• Strong verbal, written, analytical, organizational and interpersonal skills.
• Flexibility in daily work schedule to meet company/client needs during periods of heavy workload.
• Flexibility in schedule to travel on company client-related business.
• A valid driver's license and/or ability to transport oneself to off-site project locations independent of mass transit.
For consideration, please send your resume to Jennifer Ciaburri at <JACiaburri@pbnlaw.com.> We are an equal opportunity employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
100 Southgate Pkwy.
Morristown, NJ 07962-1997