Assistant Manager, Operations Support (CNC)
Last application date: 31/12/2021
APM Terminals operates one of the world's most comprehensive port and integrated inland service networks. We're uniquely positioned to help both shipping line and landside customers grow their business and achieve better supply chain efficiency, flexibility and dependability.
APM Terminals offers tremendous growth, career and leadership opportunities for those with the ambition, drive and dedication to become one of the best. If you see yourself being part of a team that helps the global economy grow through our worldwide network of customers and terminals, then we want to hear from you!
- This is a Management Position; it requires significant commitment, personal responsibility, and accountability. You are responsible and accountable for significant decisions on behalf of the Company. You are expected to represent the Company in the conduct of your job, and ensure the Company's core values and all safety, legal, and regulatory policies are maintained at all times.
- This position requires that the employee rotate and is defined as follows: ("rotating functions performed", "rotating between day and night shifts" and "rotating between weekday and weekend work").
- Perform the responsibilities of the Manager, Terminal Operations Support their absence.
- Complete all work assignments in a productive, efficient, cost effective, and safe manner.
- Responsible to maintain a safe and clean working environment.
- Responsible for operating within budgeted guidelines for both the Terminal Support department and the Terminals we support.
- Responsible for ensuring that all terminal / business systems are accurate, current, and operating correctly.
- Receive and process daily, all necessary data, verifying all information is correct and that head counts, container counts, and internal / external communication and requests meet customer / stakeholder needs.
- Minimize the operating cost by eliminating redundancies, refinement of processes, and utilization of resources, controlling and ensuring information integrity, and improving the quality of the of the function results we perform.
- Supply training and guidelines for supported locations.
We are looking for
Based in Charlotte, NC the Assistant Manager Operations Support is responsible for the coordination and communication with terminal staff through data reporting, data analysis, data reconciliation, and data input supporting terminal operations. The ideal candidate will hold a bachelor degree and have terminal operations experience.
Last application date: 31/12/2021
Is a career with APM Terminals right for you? Learn more or watch the APM Terminals career videos at: www.apmterminals.com/careers
APM Terminals is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/V/D).
FMLA Rights: http://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/fmlaen.pdf
At APM Terminals, we are a team of over 20,000 employees spread across more than 60 countries united by a passion to provide our expertise in port operations and container management services. By providing the expertise and port infrastructure essential to world trade, we actively support the advancement of the societies around us, enabling local economies to unlock their potential and build an even stronger global community. Working with a team of talented professionals you will get a chance to experience different cultures and make friends all over the world. You'll find a culturally diverse, stimulating environment at any of our offices, terminals or depots. When you join APM Terminals, the world is your workplace. APM Terminals is an independent business unit within the Danish Maersk Group - a Global Fortune 500 company with about 89,000 employees and offices in 130 countries with global growth opportunities in a range of fields from shipping and energy to our offshore and manufacturing industries - Join us to achieve even your most ambitious career goals!
For further information, please contact:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Maersk Line, the global containerized division of the Maersk Group, is dedicated to delivering the highest level of customer-focused and reliable ocean transportation services. Our vision, built from a strong heritage of uprightness, constant care, and innovation, has guided our business operations since the first Maersk Line vessel sailed in 1904. By remaining committed to that vision we have expanded our business to become the world’s largest ocean carrier. And we are consistently recognized as the most reliable container shipping company.