Are you interested in being part of a world class, innovative benefit consulting organization? Then Mercer is the place for you. We are currently looking for a Health & Benefits (H&B) Consultant to join our New Jersey team.
**What can you expect?**
- We are looking for a consultant with strong leadership skills who works independentlyand has excellent client communication & management.
- Participate as a member of the consulting team in developing overall client strategy.
- Support senior consultants in managing client accounts, researching, analyzing, and evaluating health and non-health employee benefits plans and programs.
**What is in it for you?**
We are the global leader in the health and benefits. We deliver innovative solutions that address the health and wellness needs of our clients and their employees.
- The opportunity to contribute intellectual capital and leadership as part of a global organization developing solutions for today's and tomorrow's toughest challenges.
- Work with collaborative successful colleagues who truly care about the work and each other while maintaining work life balance it with a human touch. In addition, by turning ideas into action to spark positive change.
**We will count on you to:**
- Support Marketing and Renewal of all health and non-health employee benefit plans and programs
- Research, analyze, and evaluate medical, dental, life and disability benefits plans and programs for employers of all size and industry segments. This may involve developing client strategy, interfacing directly with clients and developing vendor relationships.
- Understand health and benefits products, services and tools including vendor/carrier markets, including developing relationships with vendors in order to understand and compare products and services being offered and recommend solutions to clients.
- Comprehend more advanced underwriting and financial skills, health & benefit products, services and technical tools, and Mercer intranet resources by participating in training courses, online learning, or through learning from more experienced colleagues.
- Provide financial, contract and/or administrative analysis, and manage portions of projects, including reviewing the work of lower level analysts.
- Manage ad-hoc client requests including problem solving on administrative and operations issues.
- Interpret benchmark data and present to client.
**What you need to have?**
- BA/BS or equivalent experience.
- At least five years of industry related experience.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a demanding work environment.
- Knowledge of MS Office Tools (Excel, PowerPoint).
**What makes you stand out?**
- Ability to partner and lead teams to deliver project objectives; ability to work independently and on a team.
- Capable of performing data analysis (example includes but is not limited to review claims and utilization data and look for trends and patterns); may involve use of the underwriting model to develop self-funded claims projections, rate setting and employee cost sharing.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; strong oral and written communication skills.
Mercer believes in building brighter futures by redefining the world of work, reshaping retirement and investment outcomes, and unlocking real health and well-being. Mercer's more than 25,000 employees are based in 44 countries and the firm operates in over 130 countries. Mercer is a business of Marsh & McLennan (NYSE: MMC), the world's leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people, with 76,000 colleagues and annual revenue of $17 billion. Through its market-leading businesses including Marsh, Guy Carpenter and Oliver Wyman, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment. For more information, visit https://www.me.mercer.com/. Follow Mercer on Twitter @Mercer.
Marsh & McLennan Companies is a professional services firm that helps complex organizations manage risks and make the most of their opportunities, their capital, and their people.