We are currently looking for a Customer Relations Specialist to play a pivotal role in helping to support excellent customer service, customer retention and new customer acquisition. As a Customer Relations Specialist, you will serve as a main point of contact for our customers by handling inbound and outbound sales and service related calls which involve resolving issues, determining customer needs, offering appropriate products and services, closing sales and maintaining accurate customer records.
• Handle a high volume of incoming calls ensuring customer service quality, efficiency, and accuracy at all times
• Maintain an in-depth knowledge of Suburban Propane products and services, customer account and billing processes, new customer information, and various policies and procedures related to product delivery and service
• Utilize a proactive sales approach with every customer interaction to uncover additional sales and service opportunities
• Present a professional, confident and enthusiastic image to develop trusting relationships with all customers
• Effectively manage customer account data which includes setting up new accounts and maintaining related data
**Why Suburban Propane?** Suburban Propane takes pride in serving our employees and does so by offering competitive pay with incentive potential and a comprehensive benefits package including, but not limited to, medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, HSA and FSAs, paid vacation, personal and sick pay, tuition assistance, online learning opportunities and training, and a 401(k) with company match and immediate vesting.
For a full list of our benefit offerings please visit https://jobs.suburbanpropane.com/benefits/
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in a customer service role
• Minimum of a High School diploma or GED preferred
• Solid computer skills including Microsoft Office, data entry and the ability to run and analyze reports
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments in a team environment
**As part of our pre-employment hiring process background checks and drug screens are performed.**
Headquartered in Whippany, New Jersey, Suburban Propane Partners, L.P. (NYSE:SPH) is a nationwide marketer and distributor of a diverse array of products to meet the energy needs of our customers, specializing in heating oil and refined fuels, as well as the marketing of propane, natural gas and electricity in deregulated markets. With over 3,000 employees, Suburban Propane maintains business operations in 41 states, providing prompt, reliable service to over one million residential, commercial, industrial and agricultural customers.
All applicants for employment shall be considered without regard to race, religion, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Suburban Propane Partners, L.P., is a nationwide distributor of propane, fuel oil and related products and services, as well as a marketer of natural gas and electricity, servicing over 1 million customers through 700 plus locations across 41 states. The company proudly celebrated 90 years of innovation, growth and quality service in 2018. Suburban Propane is a NYSE listed limited partnership headquartered in Whippany, NJ. For more information about working at Suburban Propane, visit jobs.suburbanpropane.com.