For more than 85 years, Terminix has built a reputation as one of the nation's leading providers of termite and pest control services, safeguarding over 3 million homes and businesses against all types of pests in 47 states and 14 countries.
**What is this role about?**
Our Termite Control Technicians serve in a key front-line role and are the very heart of what we do. It's all about providing outstanding service delivery of Terminix products to valued customers.
**What does a "Day-in-the-Life" look like?**
Equipped with a company vehicle and excellent industry training, our Termite Techs are out in the neighborhoods Terminix serves visiting residential customers and performing requested termite treatments. Here are a few specifics of what you would be doing each day:
- Verifying that job specifications are appropriate for each work order
- Preparing the job site for treatment
- Applying anti-terminate treatments to structures according to schedule, safety procedures and label instructions.
- Interacting with customers and explaining services provided
- Completing production forms documenting services provided
**What do I need to be successful?**
- Being a high school graduate/having a GED and a valid driver's license are both requirements
- Prior industry experience is great, but not required. The following are much more important...ē
- You are personable and enjoy interacting with customers
- You are self-motivated and have a strong work ethic
- You can effectively present information to customers one-on-one and in small groups
- You are detailed oriented and understand the importance of safety
- You have a good aptitude for basic math-- necessary for doing calculations related to service
- Of course, given our business, you should be comfortable working outside and in confined spaces like crawl spaces and attics
- For safety reasons (rebreathers have be able to seal to your face) our Termite Techs aren't able to have facial hair
**Why should I choose Terminix?**
In addition to being part of an iconic brand with a rich 85 year history, here are some other highlights of what we offer members of the Terminix Team.
- Comprehensive training and licensure, all paid by the company
- Highly competitive compensation - earning potential of $30,000-50,000 in first year.
- Company provided vehicle (that you can take home with you at night) and gas card
- Opportunities for advancement and career growth - including paths into management level roles
- Medical, dental and vision coverage + discounts on Terminix brands
- Short/long-term Disability and Life Insurance
- Paid time off
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the work being performed by employees assigned to this classification; they are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
**Terminix companies are proud to be EOE.**
**California residents click here to review your privacy rights.** **https://tinyurl.com/CA-Notice**
You may have seen trucks around town from local pest control companies, but we are different; we offer full property pest protection. Terminix is recognized nationwide for providing pest management services and affordable pest control that is fast and effective. While other pest control companies will take your call, then book an appointment for later in the week, we offer you a guaranteed solution in only 24 hours. Try getting that responsiveness from other exterminators! Our professionals provide pest control inspection aimed at determining the risk factors in your neighborhood, then we provide pest control treatments both inside your home and outdoors. Going the extra mile ensures that we not only control the pest problems you have now, but also establish barriers to keep insects, rodents and other pests outside where they belong, protecting your home against future attacks. Itís this kind of proactive strategy thatís proven to provide the best pest control.