Global Key Client Sales Manager
Last application date: 9/1/2022
At Maersk we are on a unique and transformative journey. A journey that will require the absolute best in class 3PL / Supply Chain talent; high impact, proven sales professionals that can win and grow business in the ever-changing transportation landscape across all Supply Chain products.
As a Global Client Sales Manager, you will be working at the center of Maersk as a Global Integrator of Container Logistics. Supported by a team of specialists, including project managers with extensive experience and a sales team dedicated to customer success within one of our strategic verticals.
We are seeking energetic, customer facing professionals who enjoy complex logistics challenges. The candidate should have a proven track record of building Customer Relationships and delivering results. A strategic mindset with the ability to identify business opportunities and win new and additional business.
We offer you an exciting global career at the forefront of world trade.
Working with the best people in a global team culture with future growth opportunities in an industry that has a significant impact on the world economy...
We're proud of our people who define our company's industry leadership, global team culture and customer-centric focus every day.
When you join our team you join a truly diverse, global organization in a fast-moving, values-based, work environment where you can grow on the job, create and shape our digital solutions, tap into industry-leading talent development initiatives, enjoy working with your colleagues and broaden your world view through our international job postings. We offer competitive compensation and benefits for full-time employees including health, dental and vision insurance, a 401k savings plan with an employer match and paid time-off - and our parental leave policy is recognized world-wide as one of the best in the industry.
Every company, every country wants access to a competitive shipping, logistics and port system - and our people have created one company that offers one, easy-to-use solution to all their shipping needs.
Maersk is unique
Maersk is uniquely positioned to play a significant role in global trade, creating opportunities that help countries, companies and people succeed. Our vision is simple: Maersk is the global integrator of container logistics, connecting and simplifying our customers' global supply chains. We do this through the global scale of Maersk, the world's largest shipping line; our Logistics and Services expertise that help customers manage their global supply chains; and through our port operator, APM Terminals, one of the largest container terminal operators in the world with the most strategic locations to serve global supply chains.
Join us and play an important role on our team lifting global trade every day!
Your main activities and responsibilities will include:
- Identify customer needs, opportunities and key buying factors for pursuits
- Build and Execute winning account strategies and proposals
- Support the overall customer experience and support global value proposition
- Represent Maersk in relevant industry, vertical and marketing events
- Perform regular customer calls and exchange as well as regular physical customer visits depending on customer needs
- Identify and share customer strategies with relevant internal stakeholders to ensure product development is aligned to changing customer needs
- Identify, qualify, consult, and develop value propositions enabling the sale of large-scale supply chain solutions
- You will develop global / local business plan for increasing overall supply chain share of wallet
- You will define the global / local value proposition and work closely with product organization to grow and deliver revenue growth
- Able to upsell and cross-sell new products
- Responsible for client profitability as per budget
- Responsible for building solid rapport with members of the customer's
- Decision Making Unit and has influencing power
We are looking for
We are looking for someone with:
- Excellent stakeholder management
- Self-motivated and performance driven
- Consultative selling is preferred
- Thorough product understanding and ability to use variety of products to solve customer challenges.
- Strong negotiation skills
- Thoroughly understands customer drivers, needs and requirements
- Leverages internal and external financial data and understands account economics
- Lead negotiations and coordinate complex decision-making process
- Able to modify approach, language and communication style to build rapport at varying levels of seniority and across cultures, both one on one and to audiences
- Can communicate a complex message in simple terms
- Able to analyze customer financial information, gaining insights that leading to opportunity development in L&S and Ocean
- Can evaluate the implications of world trade that may impact the customer's financials and develops solutions to leverage or mitigate these implications
- Deep geopolitical understanding and market experience on a global level
- Can identify likely future market and customer developments and their impact
- Minimum 10 years industry sales experience; at least 5 supporting global client. 3pl or supply chain experience preferred
- College Degree; Supply Chain Degree a plus
- Supply Chain certifications a plus
- Strong and current knowledge of technology platforms, MS Office products, and ability to quickly adapt to new software
Last application date: 9/1/2022
You must be authorized to work for any employer in the US. Local candidates only; no relocation or sponsorship assistance is provided.
A.P. Moller - Maersk is an integrated container logistics company working to connect and simplify its customer's supply chains. As the global leader in shipping services, the company operates in 130 countries and employs roughly 70,000 people. With simple end-to-end offering of products and digital services, seamless customer engagement and a superior end-to-end delivery network, Maersk enables its customers to trade and grow by transporting goods anywhere - all over the world. For more information: https://www.maersk.com All the way.
For further information, please contact: John Crowley (email@example.com)
Internal contact: John Crowley (firstname.lastname@example.org)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Maersk Line, the global containerized division of the Maersk Group, is dedicated to delivering the highest level of customer-focused and reliable ocean transportation services. Our vision, built from a strong heritage of uprightness, constant care, and innovation, has guided our business operations since the first Maersk Line vessel sailed in 1904. By remaining committed to that vision we have expanded our business to become the world’s largest ocean carrier. And we are consistently recognized as the most reliable container shipping company.