***Inspector - Mechanical ***
Whippany Actuation Systems is a dynamic aerospace company that designs and manufactures electromechanical actuators and control electronics for commercial and military applications. Recognized as experts in our industry for over 75 years, we are a fully integrated manufacturing company which takes responsibility for the success of our business and acts quickly to implement new ideas and projects to ensure company growth.
We are looking for a self-motivated Inspector who wants to be a part of a growing company. This position is an integral part of our Inspection team and will work from blueprints, drawings, and work specifications to inspect materials, manufactured parts, assemblies, and sub-assemblies to assure compliance to our electro-mechanical actuation systems specifications.
In this role, you would typically:
- Perform visual and mechanical inspections of materials, manufactured parts, assemblies, and sub-assemblies for specification compliance
- Perform dimensional measurements, First Article Inspections, and final inspections
- Inspect electronic assemblies to the latest industry standards
- Run gear tester to perform gear roll inspection
- Record all deficiencies observed in material inspected and generates non-conformance rejection reports
- Maintain inspection files and records
- Periodically inspects test equipment and specialized tools to ensure current calibration
- Work from drawings and engineering change notices and follows established operating procedures
- Examine items for compliance with workmanship standards
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- At least 1 year of precision inspection experience
- Knowledge of inspection tools such as calipers, micrometers, depth gages, height gages, ring gages, plug gages, indicators, and comparator centers
- Working knowledge of and ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
- You to be authorized to work in the US
We would really like to see:
- 5 years of precision inspection experience
- 1 year experience running CMM equipment
- Knowledge of GD&T
- Willingness to become solder inspection certified
- Acute attention to detail
- Computer skills which include proficiency with internet navigation and e-mail
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to use mechanical, optical and digital gaging devices, and gear roll test equipment to perform work
- Ability to make mathematical calculations necessary to determine conformity of materials, parts and assemblies
- Knowledge of technical language terms and geometric dimensioning and tolerancing
**Physical Requirements Include:**
- Correctable vision to 20/25 in at least one eye and ability to pass a color perception eye exam
- Ability to lift/push/pull up to 25 lbs.
- Requires using hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools or controls
- Includes exposure to sounds and noise levels that are distracting or uncomfortable
- Requires wearing common protective or safety equipment
- Requires working indoors in environmentally controlled conditions
Whippany Actuation Systems is an EqualOpportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteranstatus or other characteristics protected by law.
Individuals who have a disability and would like to request an accommodation with regard to the application and selection process (i.e. the online application or interviews) or have questions regarding our website accessibility, may call 973-560-6662.
For over 70 years, Whippany Actuation Systems has proudly served the aerospace and defense industries by designing, manufacturing, and servicing custom actuation solutions for commercial and military applications. We are dedicated to finding innovative solutions to complex engineering challenges and partnering with major aerospace and defense companies to develop products marked by quality, reliability and performance.
Major aerospace and defense companies depend on us to find customized solutions to complex engineering needs. On every project, it's the people of Whippany Actuation Systems that make all the difference. Their knowledge and experience ensure that we deliver precision and reliability to meet the most stringent requirements.
When there is a challenge to be met, Whippany makes it happen.
To learn more about Whippany Actuation Systems, please visit our website @ www.whipactsys.com
To view all current job opportunities, please visit www.whipactsys.com/careers